Robert Clancy is an entrepreneur, inspirational speaker and author living in the heart of Tech Valley, in upstate New York. He has written the books The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Soul and Daily Download and Fortune Cookies from the Universe. Robert is also a dedicated volunteer who completely embodies the spirit of service.
What an Inspirational Speaker is
A motivational speaker helps you to overcome a problem you may have in your life, for instance: how to quit smoking, how to lose weight. In contrast, an Inspirational Speaker answers the bigger questions: why you need to do those things? why you need to bring them into your life? why you need to do this change? and also how you can help others in that process.
How to Shine as an Inspirational Speaker
To be an inspirational speaker you must:
- Have great stories of love, compassion and leadership.
- Be able to effectively tell those stories. Practice daily, tell stories to your friends.
- Be real, by telling either your personal stories or stories that touched you.
- Speak from the heart.
Related: Motivate like a Genius
Robert’s motivation for volunteerism is that we all have the responsibility to give back, make a difference in someone’s life. Volunteerism can start just by sharing a smile, a tool that can change someone’s life. It has also helped Robert by having many inspiring stories to tell.
“To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
Routine to Shine
- Always try to speak from your heart.
- See what people are going through, and how you can provide some words of support for them.
- Write something inspirational in a journal every day.
P.S. If you liked this episode, you might enjoy subscribing to our mailing list. Also, I’d appreciate if you write a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Your reviews will encourage me and will help other people to find the podcast. Thank you!