Monique Blokzyl is the founder of HeartPowered Business, helping entrepreneurs around the globe to build scalable businesses, so they stop selling their time, earn a 6-figure income and more, and impact the world. She is an awarded international speaker, published author, podcaster and pitching expert. Monique also runs a vibrant global community to uplift professional speakers. Her business mantra is: Speak up. Scale up. Impact the world!
The art of Pitching
The art of pitching is how you convince anyone of anything (almost) every time. Pitching is not only about investor pitches or an elevator pitch, we are pitching at all times.
The 7 Power Steps to your irresistible pitch
Monique has developed the HYPSTAR formula for crafting a pitch. The seven steps are:
- Hook. A powerful opening.
- You. Say why you care about what you do.
- Problem. Make them feel the problem.
- Solution. Present your solution, and in simple words.
- Trust. Tell how the solution has worked for you and your clients, to build trust.
- Action. Place a call to action right away.
- Run off. Choose an ending that sparks passion and brings energy.
Pitching in the virtual world
Pitching in the virtual world also follows the 7 steps, but the biggest difference is the delivery. In audio, people don’t see our body language. So you need to put effort into your voice. Also, make your content more entertaining, shorter, and even easier to understand.
Related: Passion for Pitching
“Jump Off the Cliff and Build Your Wings on the Way Down.” —Ray Bradbury
The Breakthrough Speaker by Smiley Poswolsky
Routine to Shine
- Make sure you’re in good shape, good mood.
- Have unique speech material for your talks. Be observant, write down what is happening in your life, the lessons you learned.
- Record one little video of you every day.
P.S. If you liked this episode, you might enjoy subscribing to our mailing list. Also, I’d appreciate if you write a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Your reviews will encourage me and will help other people to find the podcast. Thank you!