Danja Bauer is the Melody Speaker. The lively singer and speaker from Vienna, Austria, gives speeches, which are as impactful and heart-touching as music. In the year 2020, she won a European-wide digital speaking competition. With her profound 25 years of stage experience, she helps business owners to become outstanding presenters on the real and digital stage.
What is to speak Like Music?
A good song gives you emotion and feelings, and also is easy to remember. When you speak like music you produce emotions in order to make your speech and yourself memorable. A great example of a speaker that speaks like music is Oprah Winfrey.
Six elements to speak like music
1. Creative Start. The first minutes of your speech are the most important for your audience. Do it amazing.
2. The Hook. A catchy part that keeps in the memory of your audience. It can be music, a phrase or an image/video.
3. Storytelling. Your audience can feel the emotion of a story. Try to connect using metaphors.
4. Melody. Don’t be boring, produce melody with your voice. Use your voice, and silences, to reach your audience.
5. Energy. Get involved with your audience. Make them interact. Use quizzes, questions, claps, etc. Make a dialog with your audience.
6. Shine on stage like a star. It’s time to shine. Impress! Have good and great energy, eye contact. Master the stage and show yourself!
Danja’s best piece of advice for becoming an exceptional Moderator
Let other people shine: it’s all about them not you. Get to the point and don’t speak too much. You have to be always learning, because as a moderator you will be related to a wide range of different industries, people and knowledge.
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel” — Maya Angelou
The 5am club – Own your morning elevate your life by Robin Sharma
Routine to Shine
Do voice exercises. Everybody who speak must do at least 3 minutes of voice exercises everyday for warming up and get a more stronger and gentle voice.
For example, a simple and effective exercise is humming (like chewing a chewing gum) Start with a high pitch tone and gradually go lower.
You need to practice!
DANJA BAUER (in German)
P.S. If you liked this episode, you might enjoy subscribing to our mailing list. Also, I’d appreciate if you write a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Your reviews will encourage me and will help other people to find the podcast. Thank you!