Arvee Robinson is The Master Speaker Trainer, international speaker, author of “Speak Up, Get Clients.” She teaches business owners and entrepreneurs how to use public speaking as a marketing strategy so they can attract more clients, generate unlimited leads, grow their business, and make a difference with their words. Arvee is the top “How to” trainer in public speaking today.
Benefits of speaking for business owners
- Get leads
- Gain visibility in the market
- Sell directly from the stage
Tips for speaking in the virtual world
- Be more concise. As time is shorter your talks have to be about half of the normal length. Over-deliver without overwhelming.
- Bring on the energy. When you sit down you’re more relaxed so make sure you are energetic when you speaks. Arvee prefers to stand up.
- Have good lighting. Invest in some lighting equipment otherwise you will be speaking in the dark.
- Invest in a good microphone.
- Have a good background. Arvee doesn’t recommend a virtual background unless you have a green screen.
How to Attract Business on the Virtual Stage
The close (or invitation) comes when you have a great talk and the audience feels “I want more.” Put a link in the chat, or in the PowerPoint slides. When you sell something you have to over-deliver first. Arvee closes by offering a big bonus, overwhelming value. Finally, tell them your offer is valid only in that moment: give them ten minutes to buy.
Interaction in the virtual world
- Use the chat. But don’t let people chat privately
- Quizzes in PowerPoint
- In a meeting, ask for a hand raise when everybody is in gallery view
- Encourage to use reactions, thumbs up from the video conferencing tool
- Have hot seats, in which you put a person in speaker view
- Breakout rooms. These virtual private rooms are a great tool for networking. Give clear instructions: length, pick a facilitator, what is the task.
Related: Speaking in the Virtual World
“Everything you want is outside your comfort zone or you would already have it!” –Arvee Robinson
Speak Up, Get Clients by Arvee Robinson
You’ve Got To Be HUNGRY by Les Brown
Routine to Shine
A voice exercise: repeat “baby bible boo” eight times faster and faster. Practice tongue-twisters.
http://arveerobinson.com grab your 30 second video tips
P.S. If you liked this episode, you might enjoy subscribing to our mailing list. Also, I’d appreciate if you write a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Your reviews will encourage me and will help other people to find the podcast. Thank you!