Efrosyni Adamides is an entrepreneur, speaker, success coach and trainer. In her current business, she has generated $40 million in revenue in 6 years and has coached and mentored 5 individuals to become self-made millionaires. Her most powerful topics to speak on are Leadership and “Overcoming adversity having built business in Cyprus and Greece especially during the crisis and creating the winning mindset.”
Steering away from being purely motivational speaker
Efrosyni prefers being a trainer rather than a motivational speaker, as she thinks that motivation is temporary. Zig Ziglar said “motivation is like taking a bath, you can’t just do it once and be clean the rest of your life.” The key thing is changing people’s mindset, because in life 95% is the mindset and 5% is the “How to.”
How to become the speaker you want to be. The BOMBA factor
Efrosyni has designed the BOMBA factor (Believe, Overcome, Mentor, Become, and Action), which you can apply to become the speaker you want to be. You can apply these five steps to anything in life:
- Believe: What is your “Why”? Believe in your dream, as it’s what will keep you driven.
- Overcome: You must be able to overcome challenges. Sometimes it’s OK to fail, but always keep going.
- Mentor: Have a mentor. Tony Robbins once said “the key thing is modeling.”
- Become: You need to learn the right skills and become the speaker you want to be. Malcolm Gladwell talks about 10,000 hours of practice to become an expert at something.
- Action: You must take action on a daily basis, take any opportunity you can, and speak.
Even Tony Robbins once didn’t believe in himself
Tony Robbins started selling personal development training, and at that time he was broke. He was focused on “Can I do this?” instead of “How I do this?” However, you know the end of the story, as he has coached speaking skills to successful people including leaders of nations.
A Mentor is crucial
One of the most precious things we have in life is time. A mentor can save you years in your learning curve and help you to avoid mistakes. It’s also very important that you choose the right mentor, someone who has the results you want to achieve. Once you buy someone’s advice, you buy the lifestyle.
Related: Peak Performance for Public Speakers
“Adversity causes some people to break and others to be record breakers.” — William Arthur Ward
How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie
Becoming a person of influence by John C. Maxwell
Routines to Shine
- Listen to something that inspires you, every day.
- Before to speak, visualize and see the results and outcome you want to achieve.
- Record yourself at any opportunity. You will notice habits that you never realized.
P.S. If you liked this episode, you might enjoy subscribing to our mailing list. Also, I’d appreciate if you write a review in iTunes or Stitcher. Your reviews will encourage me and will help other people to find the podcast. Thank you!